Google Alerts are email updates of Google results. Simply enter the brand, product, service or topic you wish to monitor and receive the results direct to your mail box. So why might you want to use Google Alerts:
- To keep tabs on new developments in your industry.
- To monitor what the competition are doing.
- To track where your press releases are picked up.
- To ascertain if your campaign is getting traction.
- To monitor what your customers are saying about your product or service.
- To find source material for blogs and presentations.
- Staying ahead of the curve.
With Google Alerts, keeping yourself informed is free and saves you a lot of time.
- 5 Google Alert tips to help monitor your reputation (prdaily.com)
- How to Use Google Alerts for your Link Building Efforts (bloggingtips.com)
- 4 Things You Can Use Google Alerts To Monitor The Web For (makeuseof.com)